News and Sermons
5TH ANNUAL GARAGE SALE WITH A PURPOSE:
Redeeming excess in our lives to transform the lives of others
We are so excited to announce that we’ll be doing our Garage Sale with a Purpose for the 5th year in a row!
Whether you’ve been Tidying Up with Marie Kondo and need a place to toss those items that don’t spark joy, or if you’re interested in shopping for items at a good price, this Garage Sale is the event for you. We collect item donations from our community and on our sale day, all the proceeds go towards empowering kids locally and globally. See the following information and FAQ’s:
When is the Garage Sale? Friday, June 28 – 8am-1pm & Saturday, June 29 – 8am-1pm
Why a Garage Sale? There are a lot of ways to raise money, but a garage sale provides the additional incentive of redeeming the excess we all have and putting it to use to help empower others.
What can I donate? Big furniture items, small furniture items, baby stuff and toys, clothing, books, decor items, anything except… NO old TV’s, NO mattresses, NO box springs, NO large household appliances, NO weapons, or anything you can’t donate to a Goodwill or Salvation Army.
When are you taking donations? We will accept donations June 1st – 23rd. Bring donations by on a Sunday morning at 12pm, or Tuesday’s or Thursday’s 12pm-3pm. If these times don’t suit your needs, you can call our church office to setup a different time to drop off items (630)369-2741.
Are you picking up items around the neighborhood again? Yes, we are, but we’ve changed our policy to pickup large items by request only. If you’d like to request a pickup on Sunday, June 23rd, please contact us via phone (630)369-2741 or email with your name, address, and a description of your items.
Who benefits from the funds raised at the Garage Sale? All proceeds from Garage Sale will go to empower kids locally and globally:
- Covenant Kids Congo Clean Water Project: In one of the neediest parts of one of the poorest countries, families are receiving clean water that changes their lives.
- Scott Elementary School: We come alongside our local elementary school to help bridge academic gaps in our community, inspiring students to reach their full academic potential.
- Naperville Covenant Camp Fund: We help our kids get to camps and mission trips that help build godly character and compassion for others
Enjoy a song that we sang in church this past Sunday? Here’s a list of the songs we sang and a playlist to listen!
Sunday, June 23, 2019
– I am Thine, O Lord
– Everlasting God (Chris Tomlin)
– Build My Life (Housefires)
– Take My Life