News and Sermons
Join us on Sunday, December 24th as we gather in worship for two separate services:
- 10:30am – 4th Sunday of Advent service: The Word Became Flesh – A simple, more contemplative time of worship including singing Christmas carols, a time of prayer and reflection, and a message of hope, as we prepare to welcome Jesus. Nursery childcare available.
- 5:00pm – Candlelight Christmas Service: For Unto Us a Child is Born – Celebratory worship service for all ages with candles, carols, and the Christmas Story! Nursery childcare available.
Thursday’s at 7PM : January 18, 2018 – March 15, 2018
What if you knew where all of your money was going each month? What if you were debt-free, investing and making wise spending decisions? With Dave Ramsey’s class Financial Peace University, you CAN take control of your money and start planning for your future. In this 9-week class, you’ll learn Dave Ramsey’s seven baby steps for dumping debt, building an emergency fund, and creating financial stability for you and your family. If you’re interested in learning more about the class, email us, or sign up here! Our class at Naperville Covenant begins Thursday, January 18, 2018 and runs every Thursday night for 9 weeks.
During the season of Advent, we’re excited to follow along with the Advent devotional by Christianity Today. Join us on Sunday mornings during this season in our sermon series, “Longing for the Messiah“, which will be observed and celebrated in various ways…
- Sunday, December 3: Longing for the Messiah: my whole being waits – collaborative worship service with YMEN/Pearl
- Sunday, December 10: Longing for the Messiah: Prepare for the Lord
- Sunday, December 17: Longing for the Messiah: Good News of Great Joy – Christmas Pageant
- Sunday, December 24: Longing for the Messiah: The Word Became Flesh (10:30am)
- Sunday, December 24, 5pm: For Unto Us a Child is Born – Candlelight Christmas Service
FALL 2017 SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES:
Meeting every Sunday morning at 9:00am
- Adult Classes:
– This Changed Everything: 500 years of the reformation
– Caring for Aging Parents (10/8-10/29)
–BLESS: Taking next steps (11/19, 12/10, 12/17)
- Sr. High Class: Exploring Leadership
- Jr. High Class: Confirmation
- Grade 2 – 5: Navigating the Bible(Childcare available for children infant – Grade 1)
Tuesday Morning Study: Sensible Shoes by Sharon Garlough Brown
Our Tuesday morning women’s Bible study meets every Tuesday, starting October 10th, from 9:30am-11am. We will be going through a brand new exclusive study of Sensible Shoes by Sharon Garlough Brown. Alongside the study, this group will learn and be led through different spiritual practices, such as journaling, centering prayer, and many Scripture-reading practices, to enter into deeper spiritual relationships with God and each other. Please contact Pastor Diana (Diana@napervillecovenant.com) for further information.
Wednesday Night Study: Finding I AM by Lysa TerKeurst
Our Wednesday night Bible study meets every Wednesday, beginning October 11th, from 6:30pm-8:30pm. We will be going through a six-week study, Finding I AM by Lysa TerKeurst. Through this interactive, in-depth study, you will learn to trade feelings of emptiness and depletion for more personal fulfillment from knowing who Jesus is; stop living like a slave to your circumstances by training your heart to embrace the life-giving freedom God wants for you; and gain a better understanding of how Jesus’ words 2,000 years ago are so very applicable to the answers we are searching for today. Discover how Jesus is the key to satisfaction by learning the crucial significance behind each of His “I AM” statements. If you’re interested in joining, contact us at email@example.com.
Enjoy a song that we sang in church this past Sunday? Here’s a list of the songs we sang and a playlist to listen!
Sunday, December 10, 2017
– Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
– Song of Zechariah
– O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
– We are Waiting (All Sons & Daughters)
– You’ll Come (Hillsong Worship)